Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Michael Shorde's Simple Observation

I just recently published a new book, and over the course of things it reminded me of just how difficult it can be. In fact, I believe this is why new writers give up so early in the game. I came close to that; I merely wanted to get something published, no matter how meaningless simply to leave my mark on the world. I remember my wife's words:
Why don't you write a book, honey. I know you can...
So I ended up writing my first novel, and before the pages had cooled, I was already starting another book. This one was much more difficult, as I had tons of research. I couldn't start right from the beginning, it had to be bits and pieces - I can them fragments and they inevitably end up somewhere in the book.
I am merely reflecting on my achievements, and looking forward to more of the same. You can accomplish anything if you set your heart and mind to it. The satisfaction is wonderful - to know that you have created something from your own two hands.
All this is why I respect other writers. They stick to it, no matter the genre, and go for the gold. For this, I applaud you. Know that someone is paying attention, and your efforts are not in vain. I am taking a break from my own writing (only for a few minutes), and thought I would share this thought with you on this day of remembrance. Have a great day and stay safe.
MS

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Michael. I needed to hear what you said today. I will not give up though my path to getting there may be twisted and full of starts and stops. Thank you! /gcinnamon

    ReplyDelete