Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

War of Words

   The war of words continues as I am revising and editing several new projects, anxious to share them with the world. One cannot deny those feelings of satisfaction and accomplishment after completing yet another piece of work. These feelings drive you onward to new horizons.
   I see the same satisfaction in friends as they, too, push forward and create their own works of art. That is exactly what it is, a work of art to be cherished and shared forever. To follow through and complete a work of art is a wonderful thing, and I applaud those who reach that point, typing that final word with a sigh and a smile.
   I always consider what it will be like in years to come when I am gone and new generations are reading my works. After all, this is my way of leaving my mark on the world. 
   My heart almost bursts to see someone excited over one of my creations, for it is for the reader that I create and hopefully make a mark in their world. It is with great joy to have brought characters to life, each reader conceiving them in their own way, their own imagination.
   Imagination is, of course, a key element from writer to reader. It is perhaps the strongest element, one that injects life into all aspects of the story. The imagination can do wonderful things - create fantastic landscapes, lively characters, sadness and happiness. In the end, one walks away carrying with them the memories of a particular experience.
   Regardless of the art, from photographers to sculptures, painters to musicians, all are appreciated as they lend beauty to our world. I lend my own art, and will continue to do so for as long as I am able. In the meantime, the war of words continues...

Michael Shorde

No comments:

Post a Comment