Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cthulhu Rose - Part one


 


Part One


I write this chronicle with simple pencil and paper from my room in the state hospital known as Stormy Haven. I am on the third floor, and I have not been allowed to leave my room in thirty-three days. I am considered dangerous.
And yet, they brought in a small table and chair at my request, this after thirty days of being docile, showing no sign of danger to anyone. I was grateful for the gesture, though the doctor was against it from the beginning. I don’t think I would ever have had anything but my simple bed, had it not been for another doctor from the first floor who came and interviewed me. Their names are of no consequence to what I am about to tell you, and it is probably for the best, lest the evil invade their lives as well.
I can only tell you the truth, and let you decide. For this truth, I have been judged insane. Perhaps now I am, for it was said years ago that this truth could take a man’s mind. I thought it fiction, as everyone else who read Lovecraft’s work.
But I tell you now, I warn you, beware…


  I stumbled in for a coffee; not bothering with the light, for the morning was supplying enough light although the sun had not yet risen. I was grateful, for I had slept late, and father had filled the pot with fresh coffee. As I filled my cup, I felt a presence behind me, yet multiple presences, horrid things. As I turned, I saw nothing, and thought maybe madness had overcome me.
  I knew it was there and yet, could not see it. It was taunting me, haunting me, and I walked back to my room, trying not to spill coffee along the way, as my hands shook at the thought of it following me.
  As I entered my room, I felt it stronger than ever; I knew what it was for I had been studying it intensely, knew everything about it. But I did not expect it to expose itself to me. I turned quickly, splashing coffee over the rim of the cup, and for a fleeting moment, I saw it. I dropped the cup onto the floor and stared, frozen in my tracks.
  The vision was quick; barely enough to see the thing, to know what is was, before it vanished. I cannot describe it fir it is beyond description. And yet, the face, that horrid face I shall never forget. Large it was, tentacles reaching out around a round maw lined with jagged teeth. I saw this for just that instant, for it was so close I cannot describe its body.
  One of the tentacles seemed to touch me, as if an electric shock, and then it was gone. Again, I was frozen on the spot, unable to move for a long time. When I was able to move, I quickly sat down in my chair, and one thought came to me: Cthulhu.


No comments:

Post a Comment