Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Cthulhu Rose - Part Two

Cthulhu – Part Two


I sat for a long time, almost as if in sleep, and finally I shook myself to wakefulness, and glanced down on the floor at the pile of notes I had gathered of Lovecraft. They were filled with the Mythos he had created of things the mind would surely go insane if seen. I thought about destroying them, perhaps crumpling them up and tossing them out, or even burning them. Yet, I could not.
  Lovecraft claimed that if man were to realize all the knowledge yet unknown, he would go insane. The mind was only meant to know certain things, and no matter how hard we try, we still only use part of the mind.
  Had I experienced something my mind was not supposed to see?
  I picked up the notes and stared at the words, at the notions Lovecraft had created from some part of his mind. Had he experienced the same as I? Or perhaps more; where did this idea of The Old Ones come from?
  I set down my notes and sat thinking about the possibility of what he wrote: was there actually the existence of other beings here?
  I grew tired, and lay down. I dreamt…
 There was a mountainous landscape void of any life, and as I stumbled over rocks I saw a cave in one of the hills. As I approached, I saw the same thing I had seen for that instant before and yet, this time it did not vanish.
Its facial tentacles swayed, and I saw a large, slimy body with two arms and very large legs crouched as if in support of its weight. I was frightened, and yet, I had seen this before – it was when the others appeared behind it that I truly became frightened, for these were not things for the human eye to see.
  I called out from sleep, drenched in sweat. Father came into the room, and asked if I was alright. I told him it was one of my nightmares, of which have haunted me most of my life.
  After a short while, he slept dreamlessly…
   Here lay the beast that lives between dimensions, awaiting rebirth, waiting for the one; the bearer of the sacred Neronimcon shall call forth the old ones. Cthulthu closing in, followed by the legion of The Unspeakable - one such glance upon merely one of the foul creations immediately cripples one with insanity.
He fought the urge to look, to finally gaze upon one of the indescribable.

1 comment:

  1. This is the complete first draft of part two, yet the tale still moves on...

    ReplyDelete