Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Simple Observations

   It is nearly 3:30 a.m., and I have already been up for several hours. This is not unusual for me, especially when I know the following day will be busy. I oftentimes have too much on my mind, and end up tossing and turning before finally giving up.
   Regardless, I was pleasantly surprised when I went outside to smoke and found it to be quite warm. There is a slight drizzle, and I always love the mellow affect rainy days have on me. I wish it would stay like this all day.
   Days like this are always good for writing, or watching a movie (as long as it is scary). None of this Little House on the Prairie stuff for me. Well ok, sometimes, but I never cry. Men just do not cry. We're too tough for that. In fact, I think I shall write something tough and gritty today.
   I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this year - my sister will be out of town, so we are actually having dinner on Saturday. That is quite alright, though - she is a good cook and it will be worth the wait.
   This must be a scary time of year for turkeys - hiding in dumpsters and dark allys, wearing dark glasses for disguises. I can't say that I blame them. I wouldn't want to spend all day in a hot oven, waiting for that dreaded moment when my tender timer pops out and announces dinner is served.
   I think I will pop outside again for another smoke. Or maybe a cigar. I only smoke cigars when I am in a good mood, and that I am. I don't particulary know why, but I have my suspicions. I have a feeling today will be a great day. It's just an observation and I can only hope for the best.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment